When you have kids at your home then life becomes funny like a circus and even you forget as parents that you are adults and you become a child with your child. Your hectic lifestyle for earning livelihood makes you a robot which works day and night and forget that he has a family too. This situation can be solved only when a purpose is involved in any further step taken to solve this situation. Reading as a family together is the best solution for this situation, in this way family gets together and enjoys the story time as well as kids get to know some good level of knowledge and information. In this way students and kids make a bond with their parents also. For example, if a kid wants to know about ERP full form, then he or she will keep it in mind and at the time of story telling they can ask their father about ERP full form, in this way father will also enjoy the role of mentor. LMS in school also supports reading as a family concept. According to LMS of any school this creates a great bond in the family members and creates a cheerful atmosphere as well. So, let’s discuss the benefits of reading as a family:
- Approximately 99% families suffer this situation where due to the busy schedule and hectic lifestyles they are not able to pay full attention to their families. Guardians, kids and other family members could not bring out time from their office, schools and other activities. So, if for even half an hour the whole family sits together where one person reads a good story, poem or song, this makes the day for everyone when everyone in the family is under the influence of togetherness. Kids lying down in the lap of their parents and father or mother is telling the story. This scene creates a different level of happiness.
- This reading session for a family brings a lot of benefits like it creates a great bonding among family members, creates pleasure and happiness of togetherness and quality time for family, and apart from that this activity creates love for books and reading among not only the kids but also among the adults of the family and reading always benefits all the age groups.
- All the family members who join this reading session get one more benefit which benefits them their whole life and that is enhancement of vocabulary and improvement in grammar portion of their knowledge. Reading anyhow benefits everyone in the form of enhancement of knowledge, information and improvement in skill set also.
- Sometimes it is hard job to talk to the kids on some critical topics like sex education. Hence, if parents want to have a talk on such sensitive topics, then they need to have a reading session like this through which they can make conversation with their kids and come to know about their curiosity and can give them correct direction regarding such sensitive topics.
- Kids being in very small age have no experience of many things of life but they can be taught about such necessary things beforehand also through such reading sessions. Kids don’t have knowledge of many things related to actual life. Hence, with the help of stories and songs children can be taught about such real-life incidents and experiences which will benefit them in future.
- Morals and feelings are few heavy words for the students so reading as a family is that cool time when parents can explain the importance of these things in life and also that being sensitive to these things in life makes you a careful person. Apart from this, parents will be able to reduce the screen time of kids as they will pay more time to read instead of playing video games on mobile.
- When kids listen to the story in such reading sessions, they keep on imaging the incidents and characters in order to enjoy the whole story and apart from that they enjoy learning about idioms and phrases. Sometimes reading an adventurous story with the whole family creates an aura of joy, enthusiasm and makes the whole atmosphere cheerful in the family. Most importantly, the whole family enjoys such group activity.