A countertop water flosser uses a stream of water to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth and under your gums. Unlike traditional flossing, it is less painful and more efficient at removing debris. Here’s how to use it:
- Fill the reservoir with lukewarm water and attach the handle to the unit.
- Choose the appropriate tip for your needs (i.e., standard, orthodontic, or periodontal) and attach it to the handle.
- Turn on the unit and adjust the pressure to your comfort level.
- Place the tip in your mouth and close your lips around it.
- Lean over the sink and turn on the unit.
- Direct the stream of water along the gum line and between each tooth, starting from the back of your mouth and working your way forward.
- Spit out the water and repeat the process with the remaining sections of your mouth.
While using a water flosser, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Start with the lowest pressure setting and gradually increase it until you find a comfortable level.
- Be careful not to aim the stream of water at your tonsils or other sensitive areas.
- Empty the reservoir after each use and let it air dry to prevent bacteria buildup.
Using a countertop water flosser is a fantastic way to improve your oral hygiene routine. By following these simple steps and taking care of the unit, you can efficiently clean your teeth and gums while avoiding dental problems. Why not give it a try and let your smile show the results!